Software plays a significant role in various high-technology industries, such as biotechnology and medicine, networks and computers, wireless communications, telecommunications and security. This department offers undergraduate and graduate studies in a wide range of expertise tracks, integrating educational disciplines from the fields of computers and industry.
Graduates of the department enjoy a synergetic approach to software engineering. This approach combines academic topics surrounding principles and theory, with technological topics focusing on skills and a deep understanding of updated technology.
The software engineering department maintains a pre-academic preparatory program for undergraduate studies, designed to train its graduates to meet the computer software challenges of the 21st century. During their software engineering studies, students learn about the various duties of the software engineer – beginning with the initial stage of defining needs and the product, through all stages of development – and up to the final stages of creating a marketable product, that is implemented and maintained.
Studies in the software engineering department are all conducted in a Project Oriented environment. Developing a software product is a group effort that requires more than just professional knowhow, but also incorporates skills that are not technical in nature. These include the ability to communicate, work together as a team, delegate tasks, supervise progress and project processes, and assume responsibility for decisions. At SCE, students will benefit from a unique learning environment that enables them to acquire practical, hands-on experience, teamwork and project management.
Graduates of the department have:
- A professional, updated and comprehensive academic toolbox
- The ability to become part of a dynamic, rapidly evolving engineering field
- The capability to participate in all software product development stages
- The capacity to lead a software engineering project
- Knowledge in planning and producing software deliverables
- Proven ability to pursue advanced studies in software engineering, computer sciences and any other corresponding scientific engineering field
- Solid knowledge in the foundations of mathematics, natural sciences, exact sciences, computer sciences and software engineering methodologies
Unique elective courses will be determined according to the specialization track chosen by students in the third semester of their studies, during which suitable final project topics will be suggested as well.
B.Sc. Undergraduate Degree
Specialization Tracks - Be'er Sheva
Data Recovery and Mining
Specialization Tracks - Ashdod
Computer Network and Information Security
Duration of Studies
Start of Studies
(Application Requirements (Undergraduate
- Fully Completed Matriculation Exams (High School Diploma)
- Psychometric / Psycho-technical Exam (Score of above 580)
- Admission Committee
- 5 Point Mathematics (Grade must be above 75)
- 5 Point Physics or Computer Science or Software Engineering (Grade must be above 70)
Pre-Academic Preparatory Program
Applicants who do not meet the application requirements may be accepted to undergraduate studies in software engineering following the successful completion of the SCE pre-academic preparatory program in engineering.
The graduate program in Software Engineering offers students advanced scientific and research-based knowledge as well as the tools needed for solving engineering problems. The program's curriculum is comprehensive and incorporates the development of engineering and technological processes and their implementation in a wide range of organizations. These organizations view the development of software and its application as a primary strategic tool.
Expanding knowledge base and broadening perspectives pertaining to various aspects of software engineering
Improving professional capabilities and preparing graduates to assume more responsibilities within software departments of organizations and companies
Preparing students for the future challenges of software engineering
The program is designed to expand proficiency levels in software engineering, software development processes, information and communications systems, computer architecture, operational systems, programming paradigms and methodologies in program lifecycles.
M.Sc. Graduate Degree
Duration of Studies
Start of Studies
Application Requirements (Graduate Studies)
- Applicants with an undergraduate degree in software engineering, information systems engineering, computer science or industrial engineering and management, specializing in information systems
- Average score of 80 or higher in undergraduate degree
- Completion of required supplementary studies if required
- Students with an undergraduate degree in other engineering fields who are interested in being accepted to this program will be required to complete supplementary studies, according to the decisions of the committee for graduate studies reviewing their application.
Notes and Additional Information:
- This program is approved by the Israeli Council for Higher Education
- The program is suitable for working students. Classes are conducted twice a week – on Friday and one additional weekday, during the afternoon and evening hours.
For more information, click here.