SCE places great importance to ensure that its website is accessible to anyone with physical, sensory or cognitive disabilities, and aims to provide them with a service experience that meets their special needs. These endeavors are based on the belief that all people deserve equal opportunities as well as access to services and information.
As such, the college has invested many resources to make the website accessible to the majority of people, enabling convenient surfing and ease of access to its content.
The SCE website has been made accessible in adherence to the Israeli Accessibility Guidelines – Israeli Standard 5568, and with the accompaniment of an accessibility authority from the Ministry of Economy and Industry.
This Israeli standard is identical to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, the AA level of the international organization responsible for online standards.
The accessibility process includes, amongst others, the following improvements:
- Simple and clear navigation within and between web pages, also when only using a keyboard
- Option to enlarge font size on all web pages up to 200%, for continuous convenient navigation
- Clear display of website components
- Suitable for various browsers
- Accommodates a variety of resolutions
- Recitation of displayed information using screen reader, for the blind or people with impaired vision
- Option to display content in colors/contrasts that are accessible to those whose vision is impaired or are color blind, using light texts on a dark background as needed
- Simplifying accessibility to online forms for people with disabilities
- Implementing a mechanism designed to bypass blocking (recurring elements, such as menus, banners, etc.)
We wish to state that despite our efforts to make all website pages accessible, there may be some specific pages that are still inaccessible. We will continue to focus our efforts on improving the website's overall accessibility, as part of our commitment and vision to serve everyone, including people with disabilities.
We will be happy to assist you with any questions, comments and requests you may have, and to provide you with any additional information as needed.
Please contact the SCE accessibility coordinator, Menachem Aspit: