Erasmus + is an EU program that supports education, training and schooling for youth throughout the European Community (to view the program guide, click here ). The program includes several tracks, two of which are relevant for academic institutions:
- KA1 – Key Action 1 – Mobility: exchange program for students and faculty. This program offers the opportunity to study and teach at an institution for higher education in a foreign country. The program includes a budget for flights and accommodation (Funds are furnished to an institution for higher education in a member country. Israel does not receive direct funding).
- KA1 – Key Action 2 – Cooperation Capacity: developing the higher education system by promoting modernization and internationality and improving the level of teaching at higher education institutions throughout the member countries. This track deals mainly with projects in the areas of innovation, knowledge sharing and the integration of advanced technologies in teaching.
SCE began its international activities several years ago in the framework of the EU Erasmus + program, and it is active in both tracks described above.
The college is a partner in seven Mobility programs along with the following institutions:
- Otto von Guerlcke University Magdeburg, Germany
- Universidad de Cantabria, Spain - Call for proposal
- Aston University, Birmingham UK
- Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
- University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- University of Padova, Italy
- University of west Attica, Greece
- University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
The college is a partner in three Capacity programs: