Software plays a significant role in various high-technology industries, such as biotechnology and medicine, networks and computers, wireless communications, telecommunications and security. This department offers undergraduate and graduate studies in a wide range of expertise tracks, integrating educational disciplines from the fields of computers and industry.
Graduates of the department enjoy a synergetic approach to software engineering. This approach combines academic topics surrounding principles and theory, with technological topics focusing on skills and a deep understanding of updated technology.
M.Sc. Graduate Degree
Duration of Studies
Start of Studies
Application Requirements (Graduate Studies)
- Applicants with an undergraduate degree in software engineering, information systems engineering, computer science or industrial engineering and management, specializing in information systems
- Average score of 80 or higher in undergraduate degree
- Completion of required supplementary studies if required
- Students with an undergraduate degree in other engineering fields who are interested in being accepted to this program will be required to complete supplementary studies, according to the decisions of the committee for graduate studies reviewing their application.
Notes and Additional Information:
- This program is approved by the Israeli Council for Higher Education
- The program is suitable for working students. Classes are conducted twice a week – on Friday and one additional weekday, during the afternoon and evening hours.
For more information, click here.
The graduate program in Software Engineering offers students advanced scientific and research-based knowledge as well as the tools needed for solving engineering problems. The program's curriculum is comprehensive and incorporates the development of engineering and technological processes and their implementation in a wide range of organizations. These organizations view the development of software and its application as a primary strategic tool.
Expanding knowledge base and broadening perspectives pertaining to various aspects of software engineering
Improving professional capabilities and preparing graduates to assume more responsibilities within software departments of organizations and companies
Preparing students for the future challenges of software engineering
The program is designed to expand proficiency levels in software engineering, software development processes, information and communications systems, computer architecture, operational systems, programming paradigms and methodologies in program lifecycles.