Sexual Harassment Prevention
SCE, Shamoon College of Engineering, is committed to the creation of an environment of mutual respect and fairness towards its employees, students, and any person it maintains work relations with. The college regards any sexually harassing behavior very seriously, and shall do everything in its powers to prevent such behavior.
The college handles every case discreetly, swiftly, efficiently and seriously to ensure that we all feel safe in our environment at all times.
Sexual harassment is defined by law as one of the following five prohibited forms of conduct:
- Extortion by threat when the act that the person is required to perform is of a sexual nature.
- Indecent acts (acts done for sexual arousal, satisfaction or debasement).
- Repeated propositions of a sexual nature, addressed to a person who has demonstrated that they are not interested in the said propositions, however, non-consent does not need to be demonstrated in the following cases:
a. Exploitation of workplace authority relations.
b. Exploitation of authority, dependence, education (including teacher-student relations) or care relations with respect to a minor, a helpless person or a patient.
- Repeated references directed towards a person’s sexuality, where that person has shown to the harasser that they are not interested in said references, however, non-consent does not need to be demonstrated in the cases specified in paragraph (3) above.
- An insulting or debasing reference to a person’s gender or sexuality, including their sexual preference, whether the said person has demonstrated that they are bothered by the said reference or not.
The law determines three options for handling sexual harassment (each individually or all together):
- Criminal procedure – filing a complaint with the police.
- Civil procedure – filing a civil lawsuit.
- Handling the matter at the workplace – contacting the Sexual Harassment Prevention Commissioner
Are you being bothered?
That bothers us!
Shamoon College of Engineering is committed to the creation of a respectful, safe and optimal study and work environment.
The college regards any sexually harassing behavior very seriously, and shall do everything in its powers to eradicate improper sexual harassment behaviors and improper engagement in intimate relations within the framework of relations of authority.
The college's staff is prepared to assist all persons in this matter, and will be willing to provide psychological counseling, support and undertaking of immediate measures to protect the complainant.
Complaints or reports concerning suspected acts of sexual harassment at the college should be submitted to the Sexual Harassment Prevention Commissioner.
Prof. Dorith Tavor - Head of the Center for Quality Assessment and the Promotion of Teaching
Be'er Sheva Campus – Tel: 08-6475634 Fax: 08-6475636
Dr. Adi Katz - Industrial engineering and management Head of department
Ashdod Campus - Tel: 08-8519325
Mr. Moshe Karochi - Dean of Students
At the Beer Sheva Campus – Tel: 08-6475675 Fax: 08-6475788
At the Ashdod Campus – Tel: 08-8519049 Fax: 08-8519026