Outstanding graduates in mechanical engineering required
The center for thermo-dynamic and materials failure research at SCE is seeking excellent students completing their studies this year (2021-2022) that are interested in continuing studies for a master degree and thesis in the mechanical engineering department.
If you love research and development, are curious and not afraid of a challenge, there are several research projects that you can take part in.
The center is seeking students for research in the following subjects:
Thesis research subjects under the guidance of Dr. Elad Priel Email: [email protected]:
- Study of the potential use of mechanical parameters of the human ovum in the process of selecting return embryos during the in-vitro fertilization process – a study in collaboration with the Soroka In-Vitro Fertilization Unit.
- Study of the effect of micro-mechanical parameters on the compression curve of metallic powders – a study in collaboration with the Negev Nuclear Research Facility.
- Study of the effect of the model thickness on the energy parameter of stretching failures in the application of failure models based on a continuum of numerical codes.
Thesis research subjects under the guidance of Dr. Nir Trabelsi Email: [email protected]:
- Study of the mechanical behavior of (3D) printed layered material in the use of orthopaedic implants.
- Final elements analysis of bones for a specific patient – evaluating the risk of breaks and adapting implants.
*Preference will be given to internal students who will be employed by the department as tutors during the research works.