An accessible website enables persons with a disability and the elderly the same level of efficiency and enjoyment of the website provided to all website users. According to a study conducted by Microsoft in 2003, about 20%-25% of the population encounters difficulty using the internet and may benefit from more accessible internet content.
The Sami Shamoon College of Engineering believes in and acts to ensure online equal opportunity for persons with a disability and for persons employing assistive technology in using the computer.
Information about SCE website accessibility
- The website complies with the Equal Rights for People with Disabilities (Service Accessibility Adjustments) Regulations, 5773-2013.
- Accessibility accommodations were carried out according to the recommendations of the Israeli Standard (IS 5568) for accessibility of internet contents at the AA level and the international WCAG2.0 guidelines document.
- The tests assessed highest-level compatibility with the Firefox browser.
- The website provides a semantic structure for assistive-technologies and supports the accepted keyboard usage pattern that uses Enter and the arrow keys, and the Esc key to exit menus and windows.
- Adapted for display on common browsers and for use on a cellular phone.
- For the optimal online experience with screen reading software we recommend using the most updated NVDA program.
Inquiries and requests for improved accessibility
- We continue our efforts to improve SCE accessibility as part of our commitment to enable the entire population, including persons with a disability, to receive the most accessible services.
- If you encounter an accessibility problem or a malfunction please update us so that we can make every effort to find a suitable solution for your problem and address the malfunction as quickly as possible.
Contact details - Sami Shamoon College of Engineering Accessibility Coordinator
- Name: Mr. Menahem Aspit
- Telephone: 08-6575706
- Email: [email protected]