"Dynamic rock failure monitoring" Seminar
Multi-scale dynamic rock failure monitoring - lab, tunneling, earthquake (DRFM)
International Workshop in Ashdod, Israel | November 4th 2019
The DRFM workshop will be held in SCE, College of Engineering, Ashdod, Israel on 4 November 2019. The main topic of the Workshop will be: "understanding different aspects of dynamic rock failure".
The Workshop is intended for the investigators, practitioners and students in the fields of fracture/rock mechanics, rock physics, tunnel stability and earthquake monitoring.
Presentations will be based on empirical and theoretical studies either carried out in the laboratory, or in tunnels and/or associated with earthquakes. The Workshop will be structured according to the contributions received and will include comprehensive discussions of the results. Results of the Workshop will catalyze the formation of sustained scientific partnerships and create opportunities for long lasting cooperation in the field.
The Workshop will be organized by the department of Civil Engineering, SCE, College of Engineering (www.sce.ac.il) in Ashdod, Israel.
Lectures will be held in English.
Participation in the Workshop is free.
- Univ.Torino (Italy): Prof. Giuseppe Lacidogna, Dr. Oscar Borla, Dr. Gianni Niccolini
- Univ. Aberystwyth (UK): Prof. Genady Mishuris
- Univ. West Attika (Greece): Prof. Stelios POTIRAKIS, Prof. Ilias STAVRAKAS
- National Technical Univ. of Athene: Prof. Stavros KOURKOULIS
- China University of Mining and Technology: Prof. Li Zhonghui, Prof. Liu Xiaofei, Dr. Li Nan, Dr. Li Dexing
- 9:00-9:30 Opening: Reception
- 9:30-11:00 First Session
- 11:00-11:30 Coffee break
- 11:30-13:00 Second Session
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch
- 14:00-15:30 Third Session