This department offers an undergraduate degree in civil engineering.
The construction segment serves as a major contributing factor to the Israeli economy. Billions of shekels are invested every year towards the creation of buildings, roads, water and sewage systems, alongside other fields within this sector. Recent years have seen a significant surge in the Israeli construction segment, and this trend is expected to continue and develop for many years to come. This is especially true for the country's southern region, as seen in current development plans for this region.
The undergraduate program in Civil Engineering at SCE has been designed to answer the market need for civil engineers, and to educate and train civil engineers, equipping them with both theoretical and practical knowhow in the fields of planning, management and execution of construction practices.
All areas of these studies focus on gaining an understanding of the latest and most advanced computerization systems that support the engineer in all professional aspects. This academic program ensures that each graduate enjoys a comprehensive and relevant training program, in accordance with the professional demands he or she will be facing in the workplace.
The study program ensures that graduates receive the adequate training according to their professional endeavors, acquired in one of two specialization tracks:
- Structural Engineering – The first year of studies is mainly dedicated to fundamental and introductory engineering courses. The second year focuses on introductory engineering courses and planning. The third year deals mainly with the areas of planning, management and implementation. The fourth year is dedicated to the execution of an engineering project and to furthering students’ knowledge base regarding unique engineering topics.
- Underground Construction and Tunneling (Ashdod campus only) – This specialization track trains third year students who would like to become more professional in the field of tunneling and carry and out and manage projects in this field, beginning with the initial geological investigation and soil and stone specification, feasibility studies and selection of construction method, analysis and monitoring of tunnels, tunneling work safety, environmental risk assessment, construction methods and through all risk management processes of the project.
The curriculum of this department incorporates SCE Project Oriented courses, which offer students a learning environment that involves practical experiences involved in conducting various tasks. These include, amongst others: architectural planning of residential houses; participating in a small-scale engineering project, dealing with concrete or steel, as a preparatory exercise for their final project; student competitions of planning and manufacturing models for ceilings and bridges that will be able to carry loads weighing hundreds of times their own weight; building models for complex special structures and testing their ability to withstand pressure burdens using advance laboratory equipment.
B.Sc. undergraduate degree
(*Recognized by the Index of Israeli Engineers and Architects Structural Engineering Division)
Specialization Track - Be'er Sheva
Specialization Tracks - Ashdod
Tunneling and Underground construction
Duration of Studies
Start of Studies
- Fully Completed Matriculation Exams (High School Diploma)
- Psychometric / Psycho-technical Exam
- Admission Committee
- 5 Point Mathematics (Grade must be above 70)
- 5 Point Physics (Grade must be above 70)
- Applicants with the highest academic achievements will be admitted
Pre-Academic Preparatory Program
Applicants who do not meet the application requirements will be required to participate in the SCE pre-academic preparatory program for civil engineering.